Program for Multiples®
How do you prepare for multiples? With extra support from Texas Children’s Pavilion for Women, leaders in managing complex, high-risk pregnancies and helping women achieve the best possible outcomes.
When you’re pregnant with multiples, everything is multiplied – your excitement, your preparations, and your concerns. Our unique Program for Multiples® is here to help, offering personalized services that include genetic counseling, fetal imaging and nutritional guidance during the most crucial time of your babies’ development.
Our experts work with you to develop a personalized plan of care designed to complement the prenatal care you receive from your primary obstetrician. So you can enjoy the healthiest pregnancy possible. And your babies can enjoy the healthiest possible start to life.
How it Works
- The program involves a one-time visit to the Pavilion for Women for a comprehensive evaluation, risk assessment and testing
- Optimal timing is during the first 11 to 13.6 weeks of your pregnancy
- Your OB/GYN will receive a recommended plan of care personalized for you and your babies, based on the results
- The program is not meant to replace your regular obstetric care
What to Expect at Your Visit
- A Maternal-Fetal Medicine Consultation
A maternal-fetal medicine physician – a specialist in complex, high-risk pregnancies – will meet with you to conduct a comprehensive assessment of your pregnancy and potential risks or complications. Following your assessment, your specialist will provide a customized pregnancy guide, a recommended plan of care to address your specific needs and manage any risks or complications identified.
- A Comprehensive Ultrasound
You will receive an enhanced pregnancy ultrasound exam to assess the growth and development of your babies and identify potential abnormalities or risks. We offer the latest fetal imaging technologies and expertise in the early detection and diagnosis of fetal conditions.
- Genetic Counseling and Testing
Our board-certified medical geneticists and genetic counselors will help you understand the complexities of genetic testing – including the purpose, risks, benefits and limitations of fetal diagnostic procedures – so you can make informed decisions about your pregnancy and your babies’ health.
- A Personalized Nutrition Assessment
Our registered dietitians will work with you to create your own customized nutrition plan, a vital component of pregnancies with multiples to help ensure the healthiest possible babies.
Call Us to Learn More
If you’d like to learn more about the Program for Multiples, call us at 832-826-7500, option 1. We welcome the opportunity to answer any questions you may have.
Schedule Your Visit
To get started:
- Ask your physician to complete a referral form and fax it to 832-825-9402
- Or you can “self-refer” by completing a self-referral form and submitting it by fax to 832-825-9402 or by email to email@example.com
Meet Other Moms of Multiples
For additional support and resources, and to meet other moms of multiples, find your local chapter of the Multiples of America.