As a woman's body changes, so do her needs for therapy and care
Texas Children's Pavilion for Women specializes in the evaluation and physical therapy treatment needs of a woman throughout her lifetime. While we focus on women during and after pregnancy, we can help women at any stage of their lives.
Why you would seek physical therapy
There are several reasons why a patient at the Pavilion may require physical therapy, including:
- Swelling: We can teach you exercises or perform massage for reduction.
- If you have difficulty walking or moving
- Muscle or joint pain related to pregnancy
- If you need assistance getting out of bed after a c-section or after being on extended bed rest
Common reasons for referral to outpatient physical therapy services include:
- Abdominal muscle separation (diastasis recti)
- Following gynecologic surgeries
- Back and/or hip pain
- Loss of bladder and/or bowel control
- Pelvic organ prolapse
- Pelvic pain
- Post-cesarean section abdominal pain
- Tingling in the arms and legs
Our physical therapists are available to help women return to a healthy and active lifestyle. Our therapists, who are specially trained in women’s health physical therapy, use a wide area of treatments:
- Aquatic therapy
- Electrical stimulation
- Manual therapy techniques
- Patient education
- Therapeutic exercise
Referrals and making an appointment
To make an appointment, fax a prescription or referral from your primary care physician, obstetrician, gynecologist or gastroenterologist to 832-825-5558.
To find out more about our program or schedule an appointment, please call the women’s health therapy coordinator at 832-826-2135.