High-Risk Pregnancy Care
For healthier mothers, healthier babies, safer births
Texas Children’s Pavilion for Women specializes in the care of women with high-risk pregnancies.
We are known for expertly addressing the needs of mothers and babies throughout these complex pregnancies, and for the outcomes we achieve.
What is a High-Risk Pregnancy?
If you have a high-risk pregnancy, it means your pregnancy poses a threat to your health or life, or the health or life of your baby.
It also means you require expert care and careful monitoring from physicians who specialize in high-risk pregnancies and births – known as maternal-fetal medicine specialists – to keep you and your baby safe.
Maternal-fetal medicine physicians, also known as perinatologists, work together with your obstetrician, providing additional, specialized care throughout your pregnancy and delivery.
Our maternal-fetal medicine specialists are experienced in managing the full range of high-risk pregnancies, from women with chronic health conditions to those facing urgent life-threatening complications.
We can help with high-risk pregnancies caused by:
- Health conditions that exist before pregnancy, such as high blood pressure, diabetes, heart disease and kidney disease, among others
- Previous pregnancy complications, such as preterm labor or preeclamsia
- Fetal congenital anomalies
- Multiple births
- Conditions that develop during pregnancy, such as preeclampsia or eclampsia, morbidly adherent placenta (MAP), and placenta previa
- Advanced maternal age
- Vaginal birth after cesarean (VBAC)
You’ve Come to the Right Place
With our specialized focus, full range of services, and state-of-the-art facilities, our goal is to provide everything you need to achieve the healthiest possible pregnancy, and everything your baby needs for the healthiest possible start to life.