High-Risk Pregnancy Classes
Preparing for high-risk delivery and your newborn's hospitalization
Bringing a new baby into a family is an exciting but challenging time for every family. It can be especially intense for families expecting a newborn who will be hospitalized after birth. This one-day class, conducted by experts from across Texas Children's, helps parents prepare for their newborn's hospitalization in intensive care.
- What to expect during birth and immediately after
- Understanding your baby's care team
- Your role with the care team
- The Neonatal & Cardiovascular Intensive Care experiences (NICU & CVICU)
- Bonding with your hospitalized baby
- How partners and family can help each other
- Specialized infant feeding & nutrition
In addition to the topics listed above, participants will have the opportunity to meet and speak with families who have successfully navigated this challenging experience.