Benefits to Mom and Baby
The best possible care, for the best possible outcomes.
At Texas Children’s Pavilion for Women, you and your baby benefit from every advantage available in high-risk obstetric care, every step of the way.
What you can expect:
- Specialized Care – for the expertise required to immediately address challenges and complications that arise throughout your high-risk pregnancy and delivery
- The Latest Technologies and Treatments – our specialists also serve as researchers and educators at Baylor College of Medicine, one of the nation’s leading medical schools, keeping them at the forefront of high-risk obstetric care
- Advanced Genetic Testing and Counseling – to test for fetal genetic disorders, at the Prenatal Genetics Clinic, one of the largest of its kind in the country
- Proximity – with eight Maternal-Fetal Medicine community clinics in addition to our primary location in the Texas Medical Center, we are conveniently nearby
- Texas Children’s Program for Multiples – if you’re expecting two or more babies
- Pre-Pregnancy Planning – to identify potential risks to you and your baby before conception and develop a plan to manage those risks
- Collaboration with your OB/GYN – for improved communication and coordinated care, critical success factors in high-risk pregnancies
Leaders in Lifesaving Care for Babies
As part of one of the nation’s top pediatric hospitals, we offer seamless, timely access to critical services for babies who need extra care and monitoring.
Benefits to your baby include:
- Advanced Fetal Imaging – using sophisticated ultrasound and MRI techniques to identify, monitor, and possibly treat fetal anomalies as early as possible
- Texas Children’s Fetal Center™ – for fetal diagnostics, surgery and intervention therapies
- Texas Children’s Newborn Center – home to Texas Children’s level IV neonatal intensive care unit (NICU), the largest and highest-ranked NICU in the South, for the highest-level of care for premature and critically ill babies
- Access to more than 40 pediatric subspecialties
- Proven fetal outcomes
The Maternal-Fetal Medicine Ultrasound Practice at Texas Children’s Pavilion for Women is accredited by the American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine (AIUM).
U.S. News & World Report ranked Texas Children’s Hospital fourth in the nation in the 2017-18 edition of Best Children's Hospitals. Texas Children’s also ranked first in pediatric cardiology and heart surgery, and in the top five for six other pediatric subspecialties.