Get the latest on vaccine information, in-person appointments, video visits and more. Learn More
High-Risk Pregnancy Conditions
High-risk pregnancies can be caused by a wide range of conditions, from common health issues like diabetes and high blood pressure, to life-threatening complications that develop during pregnancy, like placenta accreta. The more conditions a woman has, the more complex and higher-risk her pregnancy. And the greater the need for specialized care.
We Can Help
Texas Children’s Pavilion for Women offers experienced evaluation and treatment of high-risk pregnancies involving the full spectrum of conditions.
Our maternal-fetal medicine specialists are here to assess your high-risk pregnancy and develop a recommended plan of care for you and your OB/GYN. When needed, we can also provide specialized care throughout your pregnancy, managing your condition(s) and your risks to help you achieve the safest, healthiest pregnancy possible.
- Advanced maternal age
- Bleeding disorders
- Blood clotting disorders
- Heart disease
- Chronic kidney disease
- Cystic fibrosis
- Genetic disorders of the fetus
- High Blood Pressure and Preeclampsia
- Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD)
- Multiples pregnancy
- Placenta Accreta Spectrum (Placenta Accreta, Increta, Percreta)
- Placenta Previa
- Previous cesarean delivery
- Preterm Labor/Birth (history)
- Thyroid disease
- Emerging Infectious Diseases
- Structural Birth Defects
- Twin-to-Twin Transfusion Syndrome
- Lower Urinary Tract Obstruction
- Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia
- Neural Tube Defects
- Congenital Pulmonary Airway Malformations
Schedule an Appointment
To schedule an appointment for a consultation or other services,
ask your physician to complete a referral form.