Get the latest on vaccine information, in-person appointments, video visits and more. Learn More
Intensive Care for Mothers and Babies
An estimated 1 in 10 babies born in the United States will require neonatal intensive care, according to the March of Dimes.
No one understands those needs better, or is better prepared to meet them, than Texas Children’s Pavilion for Women, specialists in the care of high-risk pregnancies and deliveries.
We offer you and your baby expert care every step of the way – including immediate access to the highest quality and highest level of neonatal intensive care available for premature, sick or critically ill newborns.
When Minutes and Experience Count
Women who deliver with us enjoy the peace of mind that comes with knowing their newborn will receive the specialized care required for the strongest possible start to life, through:
- a level II/III neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) here in the Pavilion for Women, and
- a level IV NICU, the highest level of NICU care available, just steps away in Texas Children’s Newborn Center.
With more than 2,000 infants cared for each year in these NICUs, Texas Children’s neonatal intensive care units are among the largest, most experienced in the nation. They provide the most complex, complete neonatal care available in the Houston region.
Why Deliver at The Pavilion for Women?
Our mothers and babies benefit from:
- Immediate access to the level of neonatal intensive care required, avoiding delays in treatment
- State-of-the-art facilities and a family-centered environment to build early bonds with your infant
- The full range of services for premature or critically ill babies, including neonatologists on-site 24/7, the highest level of respiratory support, advanced imaging, and pediatric surgery
- Neonatal experts that are setting national standards in newborn care and medicine
- Experience treating the most complex neonatal conditions
- Leading physicians in dozens of pediatric subspecialties
Plan Ahead for the Best Possible Outcomes
We encourage all mothers-to-be, especially those with high-risk pregnancies, to know where to turn should your newborn require NICU care, avoiding delays.
Consider delivering with the Pavilion for Women if:
- You have a high-risk pregnancy
- Your unborn baby has a condition or abnormality diagnosed in utero (before birth)
- You have a “normal” pregnancy but want the peace of mind of knowing your baby will have the highest level of care available should unexpected complications arise at birth