Get the latest on vaccine information, in-person appointments, video visits and more. Learn More
Level II/III NICU
Our Level II/III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
The Pavilion for Women is home to a combined level II/III NICU, providing immediate access to specialized care for premature, sick and critically ill newborns.
Should your baby need extra support and monitoring at birth, our neonatal experts are here for them, ensuring the strongest possible start to life.
Benefits to You and Your Newborn
- Immediate access to expert neonatal intensive care, avoiding delays in treatment
- State-of-the-art facilities
- Neonatologists (newborn specialists) onsite 24/7
- Specialized care from recognized leaders in newborn medicine, including a team of highly experienced physicians, nurses and NICU staff all collaborating on your baby’s care
- Private patient rooms equipped with a breast pump and pull-out beds so you can stay with your newborn around-the-clock, building early bonds
- A family-centered environment, including playrooms for visiting siblings, a Ronald McDonald Family Room, and a fully equipped parent lounge
- Additional NICU services for your baby’s treatment and development, including physical therapy and music therapy
Seamless Access to the Highest Level NICU
Should your newborn have more complex medical or surgical needs, our high-risk pregnancy patients have seamless access to Texas Children’s level IV NICU, the highest level of care available for premature and critically ill newborns – from one of the nation’s top-ranked pediatric hospitals.