Texas Children’s Fetal Center® is one of the nation's leaders in the diagnosis and treatment of abnormalities in unborn and newborn infants. As one of only a few centers in the United States providing the full spectrum of fetal therapies, we attract parents from around the world seeking the ultimate in care for their unborn child.
It’s with great pride and privilege that we care for these patients and their families, delivering the highest-quality care across the full spectrum of needs, for the best possible outcomes.
Why Texas Children’s Fetal Center?
- Comprehensive care for mother and baby, in one location. Families facing a fetal abnormality can come here with confidence knowing we provide expert care for their every need – maternal expertise for care of the pregnant woman, fetal expertise for care of their unborn baby, and pediatric expertise for care of their newborn.
- Leading physicians in the field of fetal medicine and fetal and neonatal surgery. We’re providing the highest quality of care available through an experienced team accustomed to treating the most complex anomalies and pregnancies, including a core staff of fetal and pediatric surgeons, maternal-fetal medicine specialists and specialized coordinators.
- Fetal interventions and fetal surgery performed in state-of-the-art operating facilities at Texas Children's Pavilion for Women. Our patients have immediate access to adjacent level IV neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) at Texas Children’s Hospital – the highest level of care available for premature and critically-ill newborns.
- 24/7 availability. We are responsive and ready when you need us. Our physicians are on call 24/7 to discuss diagnoses and care plans with referring doctors. The Fetal Center is open and prepared for surgical or medical intervention 7 days a week, year-round.
- Personalized, one-on-one care. From day one, you’ll be paired with your own personal nurse to guide and support you every step of the way, navigating your care, anticipating your every need, and easing the burden for you and your family.
- Assistance for families far from home.We understand the challenges that come with choosing treatment that’s far from home. Our team is here to help with your temporary relocation, making it easier for you and your family to get the care you need.
- We continually gather and publish information on our patient volumes, procedures and outcomes, empowering families in their decision-making and ensuring ongoing advancements in the treatment of fetal abnormities for future generations.
For Health Care Professionals
Texas Children’s Fetal Center physicians have developed a series of medical algorithms to help guide health care professionals in the diagnosis and treatment of several fetal conditions.
If you would like to discuss a specific case or diagnosis, call us toll-free at 1-877-338-2579.
We appreciate the confidence of our referring physicians and are honored to partner in your patient’s care. We are committed to ongoing communication, providing regular updates on the patient’s care and outcomes, and returning patients as soon as possible.
Texas Children's Fetal Center is a member of the North American Fetal Therapy Network (NAFTNet), a voluntary association of medical centers in the United States and Canada with established expertise in fetal surgery and other forms of multidisciplinary care for complex disorders of the fetus.
Texas Children’s Pavilion for Women brings together obstetricians, gynecologists, reproductive endocrinologists, surgeons, maternal fetal medicine specialists, geneticists, fertility specialists and support staff under one roof to provide women and babies the highest quality health care available.
Moderate TOTAL Trial
Texas Children’s Fetal Center® in collaboration with Baylor College of Medicine is the first center in the United States to participate in the Moderate TOTAL trial, a clinical research study approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). We are now enrolling pregnant women expecting a baby with moderate congenital diaphragmatic hernia (CDH). Learn More